The LAHAB x-ray inspection lab provides one of the most effective nondestructive testing (NDT) facilities available to assure product completeness and quality.
LAHABS x-ray (DR) and Computed Tomography (CT) methods are employed on a wide array of military-related devices and components from large rocket motors to handheld firearm ammunition. X-ray imaging can be used in both product development and production quality control. One-hundred percent x-ray inspection is commonly used on mission-critical components.
Accredited and licensed by the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation, our x-ray lab offers advanced testing capabilities, including:
- A 9 MeV linear accelerator and digital imaging system available for NDT
- Suitable for the x-ray inspection of large-calibre artillery shells, aircraft bombs, and rocket motors
- Available for x-ray examination of turbine hubs and large metal castings
- The imaging system primary detector offers exceptional resolution (4008 x 2672)
- Full 16-bit digitisation gives excellent contrast and dynamic range
- Defect detection capability exceeds film in most circumstances (≤ 2% 2T) according to MIL-STD-746