There are two ballistic test sites operating at the LAHAB premises offering the following:
- Ballistics Tests Laboratory, comprised of two indoor shooting ranges for the testing of small calibre ammunition and anti-ballistic materials.
- Open Ballistic Shooting Range, which is equipped to test small and medium calibre ammunition.
Adhering to the highest standards, our testing equipment meets NATO, US-MIL SPEC, CIP and SAAMI specifications and covers the following:
- Photo screens and Doppler radar for measuring velocity
- Ballistic pressure measurement with NATO-qualified transducers
- Blast overpressure measurement
- Piezo-electric pressure sensor calibrator
- High-speed videography up to 400,000fps and High Definition colour cameras
- Ballistic testing with dedicated test weapons for all types of 40mm grenades and small arms ammunition
- Static testing of explosive-filled components up to 1kg
- Environmental conditioning of ammunition under test prior to firing
- Mobile test capability that can be deployed to military firing ranges